Hauhake Harakeke SJ 2.3.05
WALT: Use clues in text to help find the answers (comprehension).
1. What does hauhake Harakeke means?The day for harvesting flax.
2. When was the harakeke planted?The harakeke grown in 1987
3. Why is any left over harakeke returned to the bushes?
4. Why is nanny special? Because Nanny has the knowledge of the traditional Maori customs to follow when cutting harakeke
5. Early finishers draw the item in detail in sumo paint or ABC paint. Write the name of the item beneath your picture. Publish this on your blog with this heading and sentence:
We have been reading about a Hauhake Harakeke ceremony. This is one thing that the children in the story made from flax blades